Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has been named as one of just 18 Trusts invited to join a prestigious NHS England programme.
The Trust has been selected as part of the second wave of digital pioneers or ‘fast followers’ for the NHS England digitisation programme, securing £5million in funding for digital projects. To be considered for the programme, Trusts had to show that they were digitally ready, with a proven history of technology transformation, and performing financially and clinically.
Tim Cropley, chief information officer at Hampshire Hospitals, which runs Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital, Royal Hampshire County Hospital, in Winchester, and Andover War Memorial Hospital, said: “We are really pleased to have been chosen to join this programme and have started formulating many exciting ideas to build on our digital aspirations.
“Hampshire Hospitals is proud to be recognised as a leading Trust that has the capability to harness the power of technology. Only around 20 per cent of Trusts are on the programme and being chosen to take part shows that we are a performing trust, not only in terms of digital readiness, but in terms of our financial and clinical performance.”
As a ‘fast follower’, Hampshire Hospitals will work with University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust, who were members of the first wave or ‘global digital exemplars’ and have already begun their digitisation programme, to drive innovation across the area.
The Fast Followers are:
- Clatterbridge Cancer Centre NHS Foundation Trust
- University College London Hospitals (UCLH) NHS Foundation Trust
- South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust
- Chelsea & Westminster NHS Foundation Trust
- Bedford Hospital NHS Trust
- Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust
- North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust
- Liverpool Women’s NHS Foundation Trust
- North Tees & Hartlepool Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
- Wye Valley NHS Trust
- Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust
- The Whittington Hospital
- Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust